Mechline develops, manufactures and sells products for the hospitality, foodservice and retail market.
The manufacturer is looking for a product and technical manager to be a key member of its senior management team. They will be responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation of new products being launched with the relevant accreditations, technical drawings and specification, etc. Product quality is a key part of the position, and ongoing monitoring and improvements to the quality of products is essential.
- Whole lifecycle of all existing and new products, constantly reviewing performance and compliance of products.
- Developing and initiating new product concepts, leading product development programmes and overseeing internal and external trialling of all new products.
- Maintaining and developing the technical integrity, performance, materials design of new and existing products.
- Managing of test sites and product lifecycle activities.
- All product quality matters, standards and programmes.
- Compliance with domestic and International legislation and code standards.
- Representing the business in technical and standards forums.
Amongst many other things!
- Degree-level education ideally in engineering, materials or product design field
- Electrical, gas or water qualification(s)
- Experience of materials engineering
- Experience of managing and motivating staff
- Experience of working within quality control processes
- Experience of obtaining quality assurances for products through external certification
- Industry expertise
- Ability to work in a logical and systematic manner
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem solving capabilities and analytically minded
- IT literate: Microsoft applications and NAV or similar business system
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of commercial catering industry/products
- Working knowledge of commercial kitchen fitting
- Technical drawing qualification
- Experience of playing a key role in bringing a new product to market
If you think this is you, then please send your CV and salary expectation (or any questions) to email@example.com by no later than 8th December.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.