WilcoxBurchmore is looking for an enthusiastic draughtsperson/ CAD designer to work within its ever growing design team.
The successful candidate must have an eye for detail and the ability to prioritise their own workload in order to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
They must have excellent communication skills to liaise with main contractors and installers to ensure all requirements are met.
They will be working within set guidelines and procedures. As well as drawing kitchens, coffee bars and servery areas, they would also have the opportunity to design them.
Both Michael and Cathy, the directors and owners are well known in the industry and get involved in many trade events – they’d like the person joining us to share their enthusiasm.
The duties include:
– Production of commercial kitchens using AutoCAD
– Production of commercial coffee bar and servery area (FOH)
– Undertake site surveys to check access, dimensions and locations of services when required (supervised at first)
– Ability to work well with the sales team to develop kitchen designs and turn around professional drawings in a timely fashion
– Interior design work is sometimes required with preparation of proposals/mood boards for finishes and furniture for restaurant areas
The successful candidate will have:
– Full driving licence
– Excellent high level AutoCAD skills
– Good design skills and design flair are essential
– Good standard of technical awareness
– Good knowledge of latest Windows operating systems
– Good communication skills – the CAD operator is an integral part of a friendly team and must be a good team player with a helpful attitude and have excellent spoken and written English
– Ability to produce 2D design plans from rough working drawings, with minimum input from others
– Ability to produce 3D Max visualisations (training given if necessary)
– Ability to produce fully detailed M&E service drawings (following training)
– Experience in kitchen and restaurant design with an in-depth knowledge of catering equipment procedures is highly desirable. However, a candidate with experience of working in either an architectural or contracting environment with space planning experience would be considered.
Experience in these software programmes is essential:
• AutoCAD 2015
• Microsoft Office
• Internet proficient for uploading and downloading drawings and documents
Experience with the following programmes is desirable:
• Autodesk 3DS Max 2012
• Adobe Photoshop CS5
• Revit Architecture
Salary and benefits:
£25-35k depending on experience
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Company pension scheme
Advanced CAD and other professional qualification courses paid by WilcoxBurchmore
For more information or to apply:
Contact Cathy Wilcox, director, WilcoxBurchmore, at: firstname.lastname@example.org