Pizza oven catches fire at Inverness hotel


Firefighters from the Scottish Fire and Rescue service were called to a hotel in Inverness when a fire started in a pizza oven.

The Redcliffe Hotel in Gordon Terrace, in the Crown area of the city, had an external, wood-fired oven which caught alight overnight on 3 July.

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service’s media officer for the north of Scotland, Duncan McKenzie, confirmed that two crews from Inverness were called out to the blaze at 4.39am. One hose reel jet and breathing apparatus were used as the burning oven created a lot of smoke.

Story continues below

McKenzie reported that the firemen had extinguished the flames by 5.14am and had dampened the area down.

The oven and its wood fuel were completely destroyed by the blaze. The appliance was used to provide a special pizza menu at the hotel.

McKenzie detailed that the fire was not thought to be suspicious. Catering Insight contacted the Redcliffe Hotel, but a representative said he did not wish to comment on the matter.


Tags : blazeFirepizza ovensRedcliffe HotelScottish Fire & Rescue Service
Clare Nicholls

The author Clare Nicholls

Leave a Response

Protected with IP Blacklist CloudIP Blacklist Cloud