Kitchen fire at celebrity haunt


A fat fire broke out in the kitchen of Babington House Hotel near Frome, Somerset, over the weekend.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire was located in the ground floor kitchen caused by burning fat in a tray. The kitchen suffered slight fire and smoke damage.

“On arrival, crews confirmed alarms activating within the property and the kitchen was heavily smoke logged. Fire crews got to work with four breathing apparatus, one hose reel, positive pressure ventilation fans and a CO2 extinguisher.

Story continues below

“Fire crews requested an ambulance due to four people suffering from smoke inhalation and administered oxygen therapy to the casualties.”

Babington House features an all-day Deli Bar eatery, plus The Orangery formal restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner to up to 90 guests.

The hotel is a favourite wedding venue of some celebrities, including actor Eddie Redmayne, who got married there just before Christmas.

Babington House is owned by Soho House of London.

Tags : fatsFirehotelskitchens
Clare Nicholls

The author Clare Nicholls

Leave a Response