The next Host exhibition in Milan, on 20-24 October 2017, will feature an even smarter Smart Label set of awards.
The use of the internet of things will be one of the main requirements for the award at next year’s show.
The focus will be on entries that connect different products digitally for improved user interaction.
The prize aims to promote the most advanced solutions from companies exhibiting at the 40th edition of the fair, with two distinct categories of award:
• Smart Label: for products with unique innovative content in terms of functionality, technology, environmental sustainability and ethical and social implications
• Innovation Smart Label: for products with highly innovative content that seek to break up and overcome established industry trends.
The third Smart Label award in 2017 aims to repeat the success of past events, which attracted a total of 318 nominations.
Previously, companies have participated from a wide range sectors – as diverse as professional catering, coffee machines and tableware.
So far, 98 Smart Labels and 13 Innovation Smart Labels have been awarded to the most ground-breaking products.
The submission deadline for next year’s Smart Label is 14 April 2017. Any company registered to exhibit at the trade show can forward nominations via the Host website for one of their own products or projects under development. Only one entry per company will be accepted.
A jury comprising professors from the Politecnico di Milano and international industry experts will assess all the entries and award the prizes to the products that demonstrate all the requisite elements.
The commission will consider three important factors in their assessment:
• functional efficiency of the product or service
• effectiveness of product performance or usability of service
• innovation of mode of use and technology and benefits for users.
The winning entries will be awarded the ‘Label’, a distinctive plaque that will put them in the spotlight at Host 2017 and at any future promotional opportunities, and enter them in the Index of ‘Smart Products’ at Host 2017, where a dedicated exhibition and a specially designed itinerary will further raise the visibility of these Smart and innovative developments.