Fryers to blame for Staffs pub blaze


A pub fire in Staffordshire that yesterday left two men needing treatment for smoke inhalation and burns started in the property’s kitchen.

Fire fighters were called to the blaze at The Village Tavern in Hanley just after 9pm and found that the pub’s fryers had caught fire.

The brand of fryer has not been disclosed.

Story continues below

Fire officers sealed off the first floor kitchen, although the pub had already been evacuated by the time they got to the scene.

“The pub was heavily smoke logged but the fire had already been extinguished by the time fire crews arrived,” watch manager Mark Chedwins told The Sentinel.

Tags : blazecatererscatering equipmentFirefire safetyfryers
Andrew Seymour

The author Andrew Seymour

Leave a Response

Protected with IP Blacklist CloudIP Blacklist Cloud