close

De’Longhi enters commercial coffee machine market

Eversys and De’Longhi agree acquisition crop
The management teams of Eversys and De’Longhi agreed the acquisition.

The Italian De’Longhi Group has acquired 40% of the Swiss Eversys Group, to include a two-way option whereby the remaining 60% would be transferred to De’Longhi within the next 2-4 years.

Eversys, located in Ardon, specialises in manufacturing fully automatic espresso machines, designed for the professional Horeca market. The company, founded in 2009, achieved a turnover of CHF17.3m (£13.6m) in 2016 with 51 employees.

De’Longhi is a stock-listed manufacturer of household appliance products and is a global market leader in for domestic coffee machines. In 2016 the group achieved a turnover of €1.85bn (£1.57bn) and employs over 7,100 people in multiple countries.

Story continues below
Advertisement

With the investment in Eversys, De’Longhi has taken its first step into the professional espresso coffee market, with a focus on the fully automatic machines segment.

De’Longhi group vice-chairman and CEO Fabio De’Longhi commented: “Eversys brings a wealth of technology, a management team with proven experience in the sector and the ambition to become a leading player in the global professional coffee market. This partnership is also driven by the technological, industrial and distribution synergies, which De’Longhi is able to assure.”

Martin Strehl, chairman and delegate of the board of Eversys added: “For Eversys the partnership with De’Longhi creates a significant potential of synergies, which will contribute to accelerate and secure our ambitious development plans. In addition, it offers the midterm possibility for the founders and current shareholders to resolve their succession strategy.”

Eversys will continue to operate as a strategically separate entity, led by the previous management team and remaining located in the Region of the Valais, in Switzerland.

The transaction is expected to be closed before mid-July 2017.

Tags : acquisitionbuyoutcoffee machinesDe’LonghiEversys
Clare Nicholls

The author Clare Nicholls

Leave a Response

Protected with IP Blacklist CloudIP Blacklist Cloud