Foodservice equipment supplier Dawson says that 90% of combi ovens purchased for the free school meals initiative will be installed before the September deadline.

Although it did not divulge sales figures, Dawson claims to have seen a “major uptake” in combi oven sales in recent months, with its new Lainox Sapiens line benefitting from UIFSM demand.

And it remains confident that nine out of 10 machines will be fitted with plenty of time to spare before the autumn school term begins.

Story continues below

“In relation to meeting deadlines, we are on track for 90% of installations and we are working hard to fit in onsite and group training for councils and area managers across the country,” the company said today. “The remaining 10% of installations are scheduled around the September time and will be in kitchens not long after the deadline.”

Dawson said it was happy with how its forecasting has gone, insisting the biggest challenge has been finding space in its South Yorkshire warehouse to temporarily hold stock.

Most of the combi stored at its site are now allocated to orders, although it has increased stock levels to account for ongoing demand throughout the summer holiday period.

“A handful of projects are running late due to provisional orders not being fully completed from certain schools, but this was expected and we can handle the demand before or after the deadline,” the company insisted.

Tags : catering equipmentcombi ovenskitchensManufacturersPrime cookingprime cooking equipmentProductsUIFSM
Andrew Seymour

The author Andrew Seymour

Leave a Response

Protected with IP Blacklist CloudIP Blacklist Cloud