Council aims to shock with horror kitchen pics


Council officials have taken the step of releasing pictures of a fried chicken restaurant described as one of the dirtiest that food hygiene inspectors have ever seen.

Waltham Forest Council said it was putting the images into the public domain as a warning to other takeaways.

QFC in East London was reported to have grease and left-over chips strewn across its floor, and was suffering a mouse infestation.

Story continues below

The pictures of QFC released by Waltham Forest Council can be seen here.

Councillor Clyde Loakes who sanctioned the release of the photographs, said: “It begs the question, what does the Q in QFC stand for? ‘Queasy? Questionable? Certainly not Quality, that’s for sure! In all seriousness, the photos I have seen connected with this inspection tell a pretty disgusting tale. It is truly shocking to find businesses like this that have an utter disregard for the health and well being of their customers.”

He added: “There has obviously been very little cleaning carried out and hygiene appears to have been given no consideration whatsoever. The fact that mice were running around this kitchen – and from the amount of droppings found, for some time too – just makes you feel sick for anyone who has eaten there recently.”

QFC was closed down earlier this month after inspectors arrived to check food hygiene practices in the business.

Within two days a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Order was secured from Stratford Magistrates’ Court.

Waltham Forest Council said the shop will only be allowed to re-open if health and safety officers deem it to no longer be a risk to customers.

Tags : catering equipmentfood safetyhygienetakeaway
Andrew Seymour

The author Andrew Seymour

Leave a Response

Protected with IP Blacklist CloudIP Blacklist Cloud