Cooker cited in TGI Fridays fire


A cooker has been involved in a fire that broke out at the Leicester branch of the TGI Fridays restaurant chain.

Leicester Fire and Rescue Service was called to the outlet in the Highcross shopping centre at about 11.45am on 24 August. The service later tweeted that the fire had already been put out before the engines arrived.

A fire service spokeswoman told local newspaper, the Leicester Mercury: “A cooker in the restaurant kitchen was involved in fire. However, it was out when crews arrived.

Story continues below

“The area was made safe and a stop message was received from crews at 12.34pm.”

The fire service was not able to confirm if anyone was taken to hospital, the cause of the blaze or the extent of the damage.

The restaurant was evacuated, with the ambulance service also attending, treating at least one person for smoke inhalation.

The American chain only opened this branch in May.

Tags : cookersFireLeicestersafetyTGI Fridays
Clare Nicholls

The author Clare Nicholls

Leave a Response

Protected with IP Blacklist CloudIP Blacklist Cloud