The theme for the 2016 CEDA and CESA Industry Technical Conference on 12 October at the Nottingham Belfry has been announced as ‘Today’s Vision – Tomorrow’s Reality’ with Business Day topics built around it.
Peter Kay, CEDA technical support commented: “We have chosen the programme and speakers carefully to give stakeholders from across the foodservice equipment sector valuable insights into the latest technical issues and trends, and a number of topics will address issues that were raised in the round-table discussions in 2014 and 2015.”
The 2016 CEDA and CESA Industry Technical Conference speakers and topics will be:
• Martin Dagnall of Combico will introduce a new service engineer training and ACS assessment facility specially tailored for the catering equipment industry. The facility will offer special terms for CEDA and CESA members.
• Keith Warren of CESA will update us on EU Policy and Standards and the impact of Brexit.
• Wayne Terry, head of business development for the Building Engineering Services Association (BESA) will introduce the new catering equipment maintenance schedules that are now part of SFG20, an essential tool for facilities managers, building owners, contractors and consultants.
• Richard West will address the ‘Today’s Vision – Tomorrow’s Reality’ theme and consider how other industries are applying new technology and new thinking to improve their businesses.
• Peter Kay of CEDA and Mike Harvey of HETAS will introduce a new Industry Guidance Document on best practice for the safe installation, operation and maintenance of solid fuel fired equipment.
• Simon Osborne of Cross Deck will introduce a new initiative to train former armed forces personnel as catering equipment service engineers, a programme designed to help service companied overcome the shortage of trained engineers.
For additional information and to book a place at the conference go to: www.cetechnical.co.uk