Vision Commercial Kitchens’ Jack Sharkey is one of 18 individuals from within the broader hospitality community to be included on CESA’s Foodservice Order of Merit.
The list, which is published every two years, was unveiled earlier this week at a special breakfast ceremony to honour ‘captains of industry’.
Sharkey, who is also chairman of CEDA, was among several names connected to the catering equipment sector to be honoured.
Pierre-Alain Augagneur, managing director of Charvet and president of SYNEG, was also on the list, as was Bunzl McLaughlin’s Sean Martin, who chairs the Irish Foodservice Suppliers’ Association.
There was a place, too, for Niccola Boyd-Stevenson, current chair of the FCSI UK & Ireland.
CESA’s Foodservice Order of Merit recognises individuals who have gone beyond the call of duty in service to the catering industry. The list covers both the UK and international markets.
Nick Oryino, chair of CESA, commented: “They are the drivers, the movers, the shakers, the people who make it happen. Their passion and commitment enriches our industry. The Foodservice Order of Merit recognises their contribution, and I’m delighted, as chair of CESA, to be involved in making these awards.”
This year’s recipients of the Foodservice Order of Merit were:
– Jan Matthews, Chairman, Arena
– Jeni Edwards, Chairman, Association of Catering Excellence
– Magnus Ericsson, Chairman, BFS, Sweden
– Jack Sharkey, Chairman, CEDA
– Amerigo Po, Chair, Professional Appliances, CECED Italia
– Christopher Basten, Chairman, Craft Guild of Chefs
– Martin Rahmann, Chairman , FCSI Europe, Africa, Middle East
– Niccola Boyd-Stevenson, Chairman, Foodservice Consultants Society International
– Ulrich Müller, Chairman, HKI
– Andy Jones, National Chairman, Hospital Caterers Association
– Sean Martin, Chairman, Irish Foodservice Suppliers’ Association
– Carrieanne Bishop, Chairman, Local Authorities Caterers Association
– Michael Whiteley, President, NAFEM
– Neel Radia, Chair, National Association of Care Catering
– Pierre-Alain Augagneur, President, SYNEG
– Ugur Atalay, President, TUSID
– Andy Wilson, Principal, Westminster Kingsway College
– Bryan Baughan, The Master, Worshipful company of cooks