Due to an exciting period of re-structuring and growth within Hopkins Catering Equipment, the distributor has a vacancy for a project sales manager.
The company is looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to join its team with an appetite to go out and find and win new business. This person will be responsible for driving the project sales side of the business, attending sites to carry out surveys and winning orders on both a proactive and a reactive basis.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced proactive salesperson with a proven track record in commercial catering equipment and commercial kitchen sales who is comfortable carrying out site surveys and working with clients to develop an agreed design.
They will have an ability to work on their own initiative, manage and grow existing accounts while also working closely with the internal administrative support team/internal sales team, promoting one off sales and generating leads with national accounts.
Duties of the role
- To proactively generate customer appointments and opportunities while also responding to incoming leads
- Manage own diary and communicate these movements and results back to head office
- Visit customers sites, meet with them, carry out site surveys and create and specify designs and quotations
- Liaise with head office to ensure the efficient creation of quotations/CAD drawings and then present to the customer
- Report back financial and commercial information as required
- Project manage all jobs to satisfactory completion
- Work closely with all in house teams ensuring smooth and efficient communication at all times.
- Knowledge of commercial catering equipment and commercial kitchen sales plus any relevant legislation
- Be able to carry out site surveys including measuring of site and awareness of services available
- Be able to work with project stake holders to develop approved layouts and designs
- Proven track record of proactive sales
- Be motivated to create new business
- Be comfortable managing and developing existing accounts
- Be self-motivated with an ability to effectively manage your own time
- Good communication skills and be comfortable utilising modern business technology
- IT literate
- Be comfortable and have a good understanding of working to targets and commercial objectives
- A knowledge of CAD would ideal but not essential
- Full UK driving licence
Ideally the candidate to be West Yorkshire-based, though this is not imperative should the right candidate be based elsewhere. Package will be dependent upon experience and skill set but will include, company vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
For more information or to apply
To request a full job specification or to apply for this vacancy please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org