Standex Food Service Equipment (FSE) is a market leading provider of products for retail, QSR and food service, both in the UK and around Europe. The company is part of the global Standex International Corporation, which is a multinational manufacturer and distributor of a diverse range of industrial and commercial products.
Standex International employs approximately 3,800 personnel and has operations throughout the world. The company’s market-leading brands in the Food Service Sector, including BKI, APWyott, Bakers Pride, Tri-Star and BevLes, are recognized for quality and innovation.
Purpose of Position
Acquisition of new and development of existing distributors/dealers, end customers and key accounts to drive sales growth in support of organizational goals
– Project management of the entire distributor/dealer, end customer and key account food service business (including prospecting, closing business, analyzing organizational structures and identifying decision makers, after sales support)
– Develop and achieve an annual sales plan for the food service business
– Develop and implement strategic sales concepts to grow the distributor/dealer and key account business over the long term
– Support existing distributor/dealer network and develop new business opportunities
– Ensure Caterquote entries are accurate and up to date
– Execution of presentations, product demonstrations and trainings with customers
– Participation in customer specific product and service customizations including participation in product tests
– Responsible for launching new products and services in the market in support of MD and Engineering
– Organization and direction of internal and external events for the customer including trade shows, supplier conventions, visits etc.
– Work closely with other team members of the Standex UK and US team to achieve defined goals and their roles in our overall success
Skills / Abilities
– Minimum of +5 years of professional experience in a kitchen environment and/or of sales experience
– BS or degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Hospitality or other related field
– Experience of working in professional kitchens through practical work, personal affinity to cooking or education through culinary school
– Ongoing ability, high motivation and willingness to learn and expand existing knowledge especially in the area of thermal food preparation
– Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals
– Broad experience with explaining and demonstrating technically sophisticated products
– Proven ability to successfully negotiate terms and contracts both verbally and in writing
– Efficient experience with computer skills including MS Office software, MRP software and other software
– Self starter with high degree of flexibility, who shows willingness and ability to learn
– Enthusiasm coupled with professional demeanor and presence; able to establish a great rapport with contacts at all hierarchical levels of the customer.
– Ability to convince and persuade. The sales manager should be able to attentively listen to potential arguments of the customer in a relaxed fashion only to turn around and convey better concepts ultimately yielding higher benefits to the customer (Seek first to understand then to be understood).
– Self motivated with great abilities to get organized and set priorities
– Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
– Great moderator and presenter
– Excellent in written and oral communication
– Team player with leadership qualities
– Able to navigate and adapt to diverse work and cultural environments
– Entrepreneurial thinker (‘think outside the box”)
– Multi-tasking abilities
– Accountable, dependable and timely
– Reporting Line: Sales Director
– Responsible area: UK /Ireland
– Reasonably travel as necessary both in UK and overseas
– Basic salary, commission, company car, medical and pension insurance, 25 days holdiay
If you believe you would be great fit for this fantastic opportunity, please send you CV and Cover Letter to the attention of Dr. Anja Machowetz to Standex Food Service Equipment, Theale Technology Centre, Station Road, Theale, Reading, RG7 4AA or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you by latest March 9th 2014.