Nayati UK’s chief executive, Mark Campey, has bought out the cooking equipment manufacturer’s UK service agent, Broughco, and re-named it as Nationwide Catering Engineers.

Campey has always owned 90% of the maintenance firm, but remained a sleeping partner while Steve Brough, who owned the remaining 10%, solely controlled the independent company.

Story continues below
Advertisement

Campey took control of the business after Brough left at the end of August 2015. He explained that he has now rebranded the firm as: “The name Broughco was difficult to pronounce and didn’t describe what we did.

Story continues below

“We have kept the Broughco branding with the new company name, Nationwide Catering Engineers, which is who we are!”

Operations are run from Campey’s group HQ in Hull. The business has also recently launched its new website.

Campey added: “Nationwide is continuing to build strong relationships with our industry clients. The main changes have been of a back office nature, ensuring a seamless interface with our suppliers, clients and engineers.”

Nationwide now falls within the Minstergate Group which turns over £100m and employs over 1,000 globally. This also includes Nayati along with Merseyside Fabrications (MCF).

“Nationwide will benefit from being operationally close to the main group, helping to give big company security to its clients and suppliers with a small caring company feel,” detailed Campey, adding that the firm plans to grow its team of engineers and it is constantly recruiting.