Catering equipment buyers, specifiers, distributors, and consultants from across the UK will be out in force at the NEC Birmingham for the next 2 days – checking out the latest new products and services on offer from 80 exhibitors at the new Commercial Kitchen trade show.
Kicking off at 10am today, Commercial Kitchen is the UK’s first trade show dedicated solely to the catering equipment market; and the latest launch from Diversified Communications UK (organiser of the lunch! and Casual Dining events).
Distributors have already lined up to confirm their attendance, including: C&C Catering Equipment, Alliance, Gratte Brothers Catering Equipment, Caterquip, Brakes Catering Equipment, Wilcox Burchmore, Airedale Group, ScoMac Catering Equipment, Modo-CKD, Tailor Made CES, Denby Catering Equipment, Direct Kitchen Equipment, Certa Catering Equipment Supply, BETTAquip, and YCE Catering Equipment.
They will be joined by purchasing decision-makers from many of the UK’s biggest foodservice, hospitality and leisure businesses, including Pizza Hut, Azzurri Group, The Restaurant Group, McDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, TGI Friday’s and Wagamama.
The inaugural seminar line-up includes two Catering Insight-hosted seminars: a debate on the hot topic of value engineering (today at 2.45pm in the Hall 8’s Keynote Theatre) and solutions for producing striking open theatre kitchens (tomorrow at 10.15am).
Sister magazine Foodservice Equipment Journal’s editor Andrew Seymour will also be hosting both a discussion on the real factors driving up kitchen costs for operators (today at 10.15am), and an exclusive ‘in conversation’ Q&A session with Dirk Wissmann, senior equipment manager at Pret A Manger (tomorrow at 11am).
Thanks to Commercial Kitchen’s close association partnership with CEDA, visitors to the show will be able to view all the shortlisted design entries from the prestigious CEDA Grand Prix Design Awards in one place – the CEDA Design Gallery (located near the show’s entrance).
The Small, Medium and Large Project award winners will also be appearing at the show in an exclusive Foodservice Kitchen Design Panel today at 12.30pm.
Furthermore, Commercial Kitchen’s Innovation Challenge Live is designed to promote the best new equipment and technology innovations over the last 12 months.
Visiting buyers get their chance to decide the final shortlist by casting a vote for their favourite new product – in the Innovation Challenge Gallery – today.
The products to secure the most votes before 4pm will then be invited to ‘pitch’ their product’s USP live to a panel of industry judges tomorrow at 11.45am, with the results to be announced at 2pm.
• Ascentia F1 Oven (Ascentia Foodservice Equipment)
• Waste Cooking Oil Tank (Bensons Products)
• 49” Hybrid Cooler with Transparent Display (Catertherm)
• Electrolux Express Finance (Electrolux Professional)
• Giorik Evolution “Smoker” Combi (Euro Catering Equipment)
• Klima Food Control Dry Ager Fridge (Euro Catering Equipment)
• The FRIMA 112L (FRIMA UK)
• Burco Autofill Water Boiler (GDPA)
• Titan Induction Range Cooker (GDPA)
• Gram Superior Plus Refrigeration (Hoshizaki Gram)
• Hoshizaki Emerald Range Ice Makers (Hoshizaki Gram)
• Convotherm 4 easyTouch (Manitowoc Foodservice)
• Merrychef eikon e2s (Manitowoc Foodservice)
• Professional Slow Juicer (Panasonic UK)
• Kromo Wash & Store (Pentland Wholesale)
• Simag Mojo Ice SMI80 (Pentland Wholesale)
• Pro Auction Refit (Pro Auction)
• New Covent Garden Soup Server (R H Hall Foodservice Solutions)
• Microsave Cavity Protection System (Regale Microwave Ovens)
• Synergy Grill (Synergy Grill)
• 250 HACCP Management System (Testo)
• U-Select by PKL (U-Select by PKL)