Almost £5,000 has been raised off the back of last week’s Catering Equipment Technical Conference to support the family of a catering engineer who tragically lost his life repairing a school oven.
24-year-old Jason Haslem who worked for Acme Facilities Group in Blackburn failed to regain consciousness after he was electrocuted in August.
Last week’s conference in Daventry, which was attended by service firms from within the industry, was used to raise funds for Mr Haslem’s wife and two young children.
On the day, £725 was raised from raffle tickets bought by delegates, while the conference itself donated £2,000 to the cause.
Since then the boards of both CESA and CEDA have pledged a further £1,000 each, taking the total close to £5,000.
It is understood that Mr Haslem’s family are currently deciding on the most appropriate way to manage the funds.
Until such time, anybody wishing to make a donation can contact Rod Callaway on 01162 374697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An investigation by the Health & Safety Executive into the circumstances surrounding Mr Haslem’s death remains ongoing.